So… Thalia, an asteroid that I already mentioned in the article Do you have a sense of humor? Astrology will tell you! She could very easily be the ultimate indicator of whether someone will have (or is able to have) a successful career as a (stand-up) comedian. She could easily be far more important in the natal chart of a comedian than Jupiter, Mercury, and the Moon.
According to sources, this asteroid was discovered in 1852, being placed between Mars and Jupiter. It brought attention to the astrologers when they discovered that she appeared prominently in the natal charts of people who made their careers in comedy (as actors, writers, and stand-up performers). Extremely prominent is she, especially when she conjuncts one’s natal Sun or Saturn.
I researched and found a list of comedians with this asteroid very well placed in their natal charts.
Famous comedians with Thalia connected to their Sun and/or Saturn
- Outstanding comedians George Carline, and Charlie Chaplin, and Jack Benny, had a Thalia-Sun-Saturn connection.
- Then there is a line of modern comedians who have their Thalia connected with their Saturn: Robin Williams, Steve Martin, Jerry Seinfeld, Ray Romano, and Jim Carrey.
- Lucille Ball (“the lady from I Love Lucy”) has some great Thalia placement! Her Thalia opposes her Venus and textiles, both Saturn and Uranus.
- Popular American show host Ellen DeGeneres as well as prominent Thalia in her chart; her’s conjuncts her Sun and Venus!
- Roseanne Barr, one of the most popular modern female TV sitcom stars, also has her Thalia in conjunction with her natal Venus.